Tuesday, November 20, 2007

how it all came to be

From the beginning of my time at CapTrust in 2005, I had a heightened awareness of India through the Johnson family and thier experiences. Funny how God works because in 2002 during my time at TU, I had an opportunity to go abroad on Lighthouse and thought India sounded interesting. (PS. God had it for me to go to Kenya during that J-Term and I wouldn't trade it for the world). Fastfoward to the present; the idea of a trip with business professionals to support and encourage was our starting place and springboard for this trip.
Interestingly enough, only 5 have booked tickets and will make up our group. This is where the Spirit Led part comes in, we have lots of ideas of what this time will look like but know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will take on its own life once we are there.
Here is an itinerary of where we will be:

January 2 depart GR
January 3 arrive in Mumbai, India
January 4-8 IPC Seminary:
http://www.ipcseminary.org/, time will be spent encouraging seminary
students and their famillies
Janaury 9 visit Tuticorin, a smaller city
January 10-11 Kodaikanal, a mountaintop location where we will be staying at a resort
and spending time with families from CBMC India
http://www.kodaikanal.org/
January 12-14 CBMC (Christian Business Mens Committee)
http://www.cbmc.com/ conference in
Bangalore; sharing business insight as well as personal approach to business as
ministry. Lindsay and I will be working with the girls from the Phoebe home.
January 15 back to Mumbai for a business summit
January 16 begin the trek home

For me personally, this trip is a chance to meet and encourage other believers as well as see a new part of the world. I am asking God to be big in giving me some life clarity as well in these two weeks away.
I covet your prayers specifically in the following ways:
~To experience true unity with the Indian believers we interact with, despite language and cultural barriers
~for traveling and health mercies, we will have many flights, train, car, and maybe even rickshaws taking us to and fro
~our hearts in preparation; setting time aside to hear God's direction
~for Ryan while I am away

I invite you to participate in supporting me most importantly in prayer and if God lays it on your heart to support financially as well all contributions can be made payable to Fishhook International who is kind enough to work with us in this capacity so contributions are tax-deductible. Blessings and thanks for taking part in this journey already.

5 comments:

e.varg said...

hey bek
this is really awesome
such a blessing you get to go

Peter and Bethany said...

sounds amazing bekah! I am so excited for you, I look forward to hearing more about it when we find a time to chat

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your heart and what a great picture of what following the shepherds voice looks like. God has many things ahead for you. I pray he will give you the peace you need and patience for Ryan as you are away.

Love ya sis =)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a neat opportunity. I am so glad you get to go! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

trip certainly gives you an opportunity to be blessed and to bless, I am sure you will make the most of it and share the blessing