Monday, November 26, 2007

2 bandaids and some courage

I didn't think about the fact that when I went to visit the travel doctor today for immunizations that translates to "you are getting shots in the arm". I forgot how scared I am of those needles and felt like a small child as I eyeballed the jar of suckers wishing the nurse would offer me one to distract me. The glass is half full side says that I am now one step closer to my trip and I am happy about that. I was surprised as I spent some time with the doctor talking about safety and health precautions the anxiety I experienced. I have never really felt anxious about traveling before, maybe a little jittery but I think as I get older and become more aware of the great big world we live in, I don't take for granted the security I experience in W. Michigan. If I could ask for prayers over this anxiety I want to keep the awareness part but leave behind the nerves. I have submitted my passport by expedited mail and expect to see that back in the next 2 weeks in my married name, then only my visa and some snake proof shoes are the serious agenda items! 36 days and counting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay. im trying everything here. w/e you check first. uhh.. can you check your facebook wall? i have questions that need answering. pls and thank you!!