Sunday, January 13, 2008

the beginning of the end

much life and relaxation has happened since my last post. We spent an extra day up on the mountain of Kodai including a morning hike ABOVE the clouds which felt so good since we are not carsick but SICK of cars and any other means of transportation. We left Kodai at 3 a.m. to drive back down the mountain because that was the only way we could catch our morning flight from Madurai to Chennai to Bagalore at 8. A 67 km drive back down the windy roads and my stomach was a little upset with me, I kept convincing myself it was better to sit quietly than chance falling over the mountain by getting out of the car. I guess it worked because I made it.
And now, the past day and half have been spent at the SAIACS conference center in Bangalore, what we might consider a glorified retreat center. We are on the last leg of our journey as part of the national India CBMC retreat. I have started to feel the emotion that I will be ready to come home and I am ok with that. But, I woke up this morning with a conviction and it poured itself out in tears. that was to "finish strong" as we often say. What I mean is that my desire is to allow myself to be as open today to the ministry and relationships God is putting on my path today as I was when we first stepped off our first plane. I felt alot of release in giving that over to Him and today has been a wonderful day of interacting with some others who are here as well as sitting under the teachings of a Indian man who is conducting the young people's break out sessions. Mind you, this man has atleast 5 MA degrees, a PHD and his M. DIV. I feel like I am in INTRO To SEM and I am loving it! This afternoon we took a break and went downtown Bangalore to a very cosmopolitan cafe for lunch. I had a chicken and sundried tomato panini, followed by...a piece of devil food cake ala mode after I made the waiter show me each of the desserts available in the case. Just to make sure I got what I was hoping for!
We have a break before our night sessions and I intend to head out onto the patio to soak up this place. thank you for your continued prayers, I am looking forward to sharing more stories and catching up on your lives soon as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing Bekah...it seems as though you are ready for "home" and yet still trying to be available to God for what is to come in India. Keep praying - God is so good! I am eager to hear it ALL! -Abbie