Sunday, January 6, 2008

good morning from the East

know as I write this after breakfast, you are all ready to call it the end of the weekend and gearing up for the work week. Thank you for your prayers, without a doubt we can feel them. Especially when we are riding in any vehichle and every corner feels like a scene out of the movie "Speed"! I am having a wonderful time and experiencing a renewed place in my soul where I have no set agenda and am just taking the moments as God provides. Our travel went smoothly which is always a great surprise blessing. And now that we are here we have been spending time with the students at the seminary with Idi who are so humbling in their devotion to God and their hospitality towards our group. I cannot put into words their smiles but they are like a ray of light. It has been exciting to see the opportunities we have had to share some of what we have learned about discipleship, planning with a Spirit Led approach and just plain life. The team has a great balance of gifts and unique stories that are allowing us to communicate the truths we have been learning in a dynamic way.
My fingers are flying over the keys and I wish I had more time to type but must get my stuff together for the day! Thanks again for your prayers!
love,
Rebekah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are there safely - you are always in my prayers, and I can't wait to keep reading all the stories as the days go by. Love ya girl! I'm drinking a cup o jo' for you this morning ;) - Abbie

Anonymous said...

I read this with tears in my eyes and an overwhelming joy in my heart because of the work you are doing and knowing that you are safe. I thinks about and pray for you all day every day. God Bless you honey. I love you (:
-Evon

Anonymous said...

great to hear you guys are there and enjoying the time. im sure it is amazing. im enjoying your updates! love you